Over Spring Break our family spent a few sunny days in San Diego and then over to Palm Springs. Then we had our first beach day of the season in Newport Beach on Mother’s Day. Let me tell you– we have been more than ready for the warm weather! After an uncharacteristically cold California winter, with a lot of rain, the warm sunshine has never felt better on our faces. The rain was much needed in California, but it’s been hard being so cooped up (we’re definitely spoiled and pay for it in exorbitant real estate prices though).
With warm weather officially making it’s way here, I wanted to share some of my favorite vegan products for mama and baby that I am loving this season! Including the cutest vegan shoes that I found at Nordstrom. All cruelty-free and toxin-free, since using clean products is something that’s really important to our family. Your skin is your body’s largest organ–what goes onto our bodies is just as important as being mindful of the food that goes into our bodies. So I give you my very favorites for the upcoming season…
1. ThinkBaby Safe Sunscreen – This is an area that we don’t skimp on researching– like everything we put on our baby’s skin. After using several brands and much trial and error, Think Sunblock, has been the cleanest and best sunblock that we’ve found for our family. A lot of natural sunblocks tend to have a chalky feel, but Think goes on great. You can purchase it in kids and regular versions, both are toxin-free and reef safe.
2. Vegan Pointy Toe Flat – I was SO excited to find these adorably classic d’Orsay flats at Nordstrom, made by BC Footwear. They are the perfect transition from winter to spring and would be darling for a warm summer night out. And even cuter, because no animals were harmed in the making of these adorably fashionable shoes.
3. Crunchi Sunlight Sunblock – I try to use products with the cleanest and safest ingredients possible. Ever since becoming a mom, my eyes have opened up to how many toxic ingredients are used in everyday products. I was so thrilled to find this brand and their growing product list. Their sunblock is brand new and I loved it upon first try. I apply it underneath my makeup in the morning and with its extra smooth texture, I don’t even notice that it’s there.
4. Crunchi Highlighter – I cannot say enough amazing things about Crunchi’s Light Reflecting Pressed Highlighter. If you want to highlight your summer tan with an extra bronzy glow you will LOVE this wonderful product. Whenever I need a subtle boost of bronzy magic, I add this to my face for the perfect glow. This is literally the product you didn’t know you were missing in your makeup bag.
5. Sea Mist Spray – During summer, I get out of the shower, spritz this sea salt based spray on my hair (made by John Masters Organics), then tie it in a bun and go! Take out your bun after about an hour or so and then you get perfectly tousled beachy waves. It’s nourishing, texturizing and volumizing all in one. Very minimal work, all thanks to my favorite spray.
6. Coola, Radical Recovery Organic After Sun Lotion – This is one of my husband’s favorite summertime products. If you’re out in the sun and forget to reapply after swimming, this will save you the next day! If you tend to burn, applying this cool cream not only feels good, but saves your skin from looking like a complete lobster. Nourishing and soothing with powerful antioxidants, this cream is amazing at helping your skin bounce back. And being that it’s vegan and reef safe make this product even more amazing.
7. Summer Straw Hats – H&M has some seriously cute straw hats this season with seriously cute price tags. I grabbed a couple for all of our summer adventures. Amazon similar.
8. Birkenstock’s – The Gizeh Essentials are one of my favorite warm weather sandals. They are lightweight, comfortable and made from EVA. I have them in Metallic Copper and I’m going to grab a few more fun colors this summer. They are perfect for both the beach and running around town.
9. Woven Strap Sandals – Another amazing find by BC Footwear is this cute minimalist sandal. Perfectly stylish and functional. I had the most difficult time choosing between Brown Woven and Rose Gold Metallic!
10. Native Sandals – For the past 6ish years, these have been our kids summer shoe of choice! They withstand some serious play and they are simple enough for kids to put on themselves.. and they come in the cutest colors! If Amazon doesn’t have the color you’re looking for, Nordstrom carries several colors also.
11. Sand Cloud Towels – I love this brand not only for their super cute beach towels, but also because proceeds from every sale go towards saving marine life. This is a product we can definitely get on board with. Amazon option here. #savethefishies
So there are a few of our favorites this year! I would love to hear any vegan must have products that you’re loving and that inspire you this season.
*These are all products that I personally love and use. Some of our links use affiliate commissions. However, this does not impact our honest reviews and opinions. We only share things that we genuinely love and hope that you do too!