Our family LOVES to visit Great Wolf Lodge in Southern California and we go at any chance we get. It’s the perfect family getaway that has everything under one roof, for all ages. From water fun to mini golf, bowling and a magi quest game throughout the resort, the fun is literally endless. There is no hassle of buckling the kids in the carseat to go anywhere because everything is an arms reach away, including meals. And the absolute best part about it is that they pride themselves on being incredibly vegan friendly.
Every single visit, we are spoiled by the amazing Executive Chef, Hany Ali. Chef Hany is very well versed in the importance of families with allergies and dietary restrictions. From our experience, many theme parks and chefs have limited knowledge on how to make special accomodations that actually taste good. Not only is it delicious and adventurous on a vegan scale (let’s face it, we are usually pretty limited, unfortunately) but he is genuinely more than happy to make vegan modifications. And as one server put it, Chef Hani truly adds the special magic to your dining experience at the Lodge. If he’s not there, he will ensure that someone else will take care of you! As vegans, we have always been welcomed with open arms, with Chef Hany and his team ready to serve. You can rest assured that your family will eat well during your stay!
Tips for your stay:
- The main restaurant is called Lodge Wood Fired Grill. They serve lunch and dinner here and it’s considered the nicer dining at the resort. Look for pictures below of our meals here!
- Loose Moose Family Kitchen is a large buffet that we found great for breakfast–and you get to meet the characters while you dine! They have several vegan options (see photos below), plus three kinds of fresh made salsas that are my absolute favorite.
- Hungry As a Wolf is a quick pizza joint, right next to the waterpark. They serve GF vegan pizza that you can add any veggies to (and possibly vegan sausage if they have it on hand). The vegan dough can be either GF or a regular vegan dough option, depending on which chef is working.
- Dunkin Donuts serves quick breakfast potatoes, in a non-shared fryer. They also have oatmeal, bagels (sans any kind of vegan spread, unfortunately) and soy milk for your coffee.
- Sweets and Eats downstairs serves a few vegan sorbet ice cream flavors, as well as the one flavor of vegan Dippin’ Dots. You can also find Dippin’ Dots inside the waterpark. They have atleast one vegan cone, so your vegan kid doesn’t have to feel left out! It would be great if they had a cream-based vegan ice cream option, but we will happily take what we can get. You can also order oatmeal here in the morning.
- Grizzly Jacks Bar and Grill is located at the outside pool. We haven’t personally ordered from here, but there are a few things that appear to be easily modified.
- Buckets – serves two snack options: hummus with pita bread and chips with fresh made salsa…which as you know from above is my favorite (and I am pretty picky when it comes to salsa!).
- I definitely recommend calling or emailing the Lodge ahead of your stay, to notify them of your dietary preference/allergy/restriction.
- There is a small refrigerator and microwave in every room, so it is possible to bring your own food and snacks! There is also a coffee maker.
- You cannot bring outside food inside the waterpark, but there are vegan options nearby!
- Door Dash Food Delivery – You can have food delivered from several local vegan eateries for just a few bucks. Our two favorites are Healthy Junk and Vegan Pizza, but there are a handful of others nearby. They will deliver right to the front lobby.
- They have a new food plan that you can purchase for each family member. We tried it for the first time during our last stay a week ago and we were happy with it. It was definitely a good deal for what you received.
Here are our photos of vegan meals from Great Wolf over the past few years. The lighting isn’t the greatest for photos, but being cooped inside into an entirely absorbed experience is part of the charm! Away from everything, focusing on having fun with your family… forgetting the outside world even exists! 😉
Lodge Wood Fired Grill
Kids meal – pasta with choice of side (fruit, fresh veggie sticks, fries). We have also ordered steamed veggies in the pasta, like carrots, broccoli and asparagus.
Brussel Sprouts – a modifiied side dish, hold the bacon.
Pasta with veggies! This is a split dish – portions are decently sized.
Beautiful vegan Brownie Dessert with raspberry sorbet.
Chocolate cake for dessert!
There are also a few other items that we have ordered off the menu, like a Baked Potato, topped with guacamole and chives. Just be sure to mention your preferences to your server to see what modifications can be made.
Hungry As A Wolf Pizza
The Loose Moose Family Kitchen is our favorite spot for breakfast. They have the most delicious freshly made salsas that are perfect to top potatoes with! The buffet itself has an array of fruit, hash browns
Here are our little guys when we visited for their birthday celebration last year. I know I have a picture of the boys with the infamous Chef Hany and both boys devouring their Dippin’ Dots, but I can’t find them in the 100k+ photos on my iphone!
And we ALWAYS end our stay with a trip to Hug Life, which is the most amazing vegan ice cream located just a few minutes away.
Hope you enjoy your stay and vegan deliciousness as much as we always do! I am happy to answer any questions, so send me an email if you have one!